Good thing that Baby MiH is cute | Le Challenge {Sewing}

Monday 14 April 2014

Beware this post relies a lot on Baby MiH making his T-Shirt look good. And even with a lot of pouting, it is still looking a bit weird on him. I am however loving that at 16 months, he does not mind wearing whatever I put on him without too much drama queen action (and he has some good actions believe me)! 

So this month's theme for le Challenge was bright - and honestly it was easy, and who knows why I did not start anything before yesterday. I heard a song about 'bright stars' on the way to nursery and it made me think of the gorgeous fabric (I love that fabric) I bought for Baby MiH from Ma Petite Mercerie - and then came back the crazy idea of sel-drafting a Tshirt for Baby MiH. 

Action baby - and yes it is 6.30am and he is pouting...
Everything that could go wrong probably went wrong - except that it actually fits him and it looks like a T-shirt, which are surely basics to be happy with!


Check out the shoulder pads as if it was the 80s! - extra fabric, and heavy stitching did that.. Also, you cannot see it, but the sides are not symmetrical - all very wonky. 


I had the right idea with the stitching, I think, but the actual coming together is not that great. 

Look Maman I can see myself in your phone, I am just too cute!
But he still loves me... And I promise I would make him a better version of this. I was very careful with the cutting of the fabric to make sure I had some left for another one - ... Better search the net for a proper pattern, drawn by people who know what they are doing. 


Hope you had more luck with your Le Challenge, and, I will just add a new Tshirt to my to do list and may start on the next Challenge as soon as the theme is out tomorrow...  

16 comments:

  1. Gosh, Baby MiH is such an adorable little kid!! Love the t-shirt with its quirks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute!! I'm sure shoulder pads are in fashion somewhere! ;-) I would just stick a vest or jacket over it! The fabric is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He wears it well and very impressive for a first try. Oliver + S just brought out a t-shirt pattern if you want to try with the rest of your fabric. I always learn so much when I follow their patterns: http://oliverands.com/oliver-and-s-patterns-pants/OLV-OS047SB.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable, and looks super cute in that t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lucky he wants to model, my daughter likes the making process but she is not keen on the putting/wearing it one process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should give him some treat as he looks adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are you going to do when the world's cutest baby refuses to pose for you?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little boy is the best model on this planet:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, goodness. The eyes. Those lips. The curls. You've got a complete heart breaker on your hands. He's adorable! And, his new shirt is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great model! And the T-shirt looks lovely to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's adorable. It doesn't matter what quirks the tee has. His loving mama made that for him. That's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Baby MiH is adorable! He looks very natural modeling. You did a great job with the T-shirt it looks great on him. The fabric is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. he is so freaking adorable! The shirt is very cute, love the fabric you chose. And as long as he's comfy, you're doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is so sweet! I think the shirt looks great despite the mistakes you see. And it's super impressive that you drafted that pattern yourself!
    The important thing is, he looks happy and comfy. :)

    ReplyDelete